BioBlitz is this Friday!
The weather forecast is good! It will help everyone’s day if everyone is well-prepared for the adventure. Here is the information sent from Wintergreen:
Bearing in mind that Wintergreen Studios is in the heart of the Frontenac Arch Biosphere Reserve, you should prepare yourself with anything you deem necessary for time spent outdoors. Below are our recommendations:
- Clothing: long pants (light-colour is best), long socks to tuck pants into (+ extra pair), layers (t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, warm sweater/pullover), raincoat, hiking shoes/boots (+ extra pair), hat (**NO SHORTS PLEASE!)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, tick repellent (we suggest using natural products, such as rose geranium or tea tree oils, and ask that you avoid using products with DEET)
- Reusable water bottle (there will be water available at all times for refills)
- Food – all participants are expected to bring a packed lunch and follow boomerang lunch etiquette. (We encourage you to follow the zero-waste initiative, to reduce waste generated by disposable, non-renewable packaging.)
- Please leave all valuables at home/school.